About the Online Babysitting Preparedness Class
You have likely found this online program because you are interested in providing babysitting services or want to improve yourself as a babysitter. During this online Babysitting Preparedness Class, you will learn what a typical babysitting job is like and how to provide proper care for toddlers, preschoolers, and school age children.
The Babysitting Preparedness Class may also be known by one of the following names:
- Babysitter Class
- Babysitter Course
- Babysitter Training
- Babysitting Class
- Babysitting Course
- Babysitting Training
The Babysitting Preparedness Class is offered with a minimum time requirement of two (2) hours. A timer is provided to help you keep track of time spent within the course. You may start and stop the Babysitting Preparedness Class as often as you'd like and your progress will be saved each time. The entire Babysitting Preparedness Class can be completed online and does not require you to call a staff member or visit an office to complete the program.
The Babysitting Preparedness Class is presented in twenty-five (25) separate sections which address the following topics:
- Asking your parents/guardians for permission to babysit
- What is a typical babysitting job like?
- How to start a babysitting business
- Information exchange
- What do I need to bring to a babysitting job with me?
- Providing care for infants
- Providing care for toddlers (1 and 2 years old)
- Providing care for preschoolers (3 and 4 years old)
- Providing care for school age children (5, 6, and 7 years old)
- Administering medicine
- Communicating with parents/guardians
- Staying safe
- Identifying and responding to behaviors
- Cooking and cleaning
- Special circumstances
- Games/craft ideas
- What to do in an emergency
- First aid
- Babysitting laws
- Reporting child abuse
- Resources and references
Certificate of completion
At course completion a certificate of completion will be instantly available for download and will be sent to you by email. The certificate can also be sent by email to the party that has required that you complete this Babysitting Preparedness Class.
We guarantee that the certificate of completion will be accepted. If, for any reason, the certificate is not accepted, we will provide a full refund.